Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Beyond the Pole

In my opinion, the media has a very warped view of todays culture. Yes, I admit that there are a lot of kids who would rather play video games and not do anything but it is the human nature to seek purpose. Everyone once and awhile questions what there purpose for being here is. Teens do this as well... and during their search, the do things. They help out at a library or something, trying to find out what they are good at and what they like doing. They help people around their communities and do new and inventive things. The media sees us all as one big blob, but we are more than that. We are more that conqueres!

This applies to everyone. Everyone can be seen by the media as worthless, but that is more because they don't knoiw us. It is very easy for someone to be sterotypical when they don't know the person. Once you get to know us though, you will se what we are. We are people who do things. Take me this past summer. I helped my aunt reorganize the whole church library. It took two days of working eight hours straight. It was fun though, and they library had never been nicer. Also, the prayer-a-thon which my sunday school class/ youth group are going to be doing. We will be praying for the people of the church and everyone and everything. That is our purpose and our difference.

We all need to do something though. We feel a compulsive need to do something and not to just sit around and do nothing. That is good. It inspires creativity, and creativity is from God. So think about it readers. What do you want to do? Do you want to sit around and play video games just like the media blames us for, or do you want to be more than conquers for Gods and do something? Think about it. I know what I am going to do though. I am going to try to get a prayer time for my family to pray for things. You could to the same! I dare you to!

1 comment: