Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beware the Bear

Satan is always prowling like a hungry bear. If he is not after you, he is after someone else. He usually does it all at the same time though. That is bad because probably let's say, 10 peope are being temped this very second, probably 8/10 will be sucessfully tempted and lose somethign to the devil. That happens a lot and we have to guard against it. I am not without fault here. I am as much a victim as anyone. The devil is constantly barging into my prayer and reading of the bible time by giving something more interesting. He always says "this would be more interesting" or "that would be fun to do. A lot more fun than  this is." Most of the time I fall for it though. So it is really my fault. It is the devil's fault that me is tempting me, but it is my fault for giving in.

I am aware of these schemes for a simple reason. It has become a habit to skip out on prayer time and to not read the bible, and that source of the habit is Satan. That is how I know it is him. The flesh would want me not to read my bible and to do something else. That is our sinful nature...but guess who started that! Well... actually it is Adam and Eve's fault but that was before the sinful nature... but I am not going to get into that. The point is that the Devil always gives us something more interesting for us to do and we do it because our flesh it weak. That is how we know we are being tempted.

That's when the fishing holes come in. Every once in awhile, the devil comes and attacks of hangouts and what we do for fun in our free time. Those places or things are our fishing holes. The devil knows what we like doing and then he attacks us there. If it is with your friends, he tries to get you to do bad things with them. If it is in front of your computer he gives the ideas to look for bad things. Evil is all around so sometimes, we just need to change holes. Find a new place to hang out and do new things. Make it harder for him to tempt you by being in the most safe fishing hole. God's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment