Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Americian Idolater

In my definition, the word "rich" can either mean "has lots of money" or "has a strong and good relationship with Jesus Christ." In my opinion, the second one is better then the first. The word "poor" for me means "is not in possesion of money which is needed to meet needs" or "does not have a relationship with Christ." So by my second definitions of the words, it is possible ot be rich and poor at the same time. You can have money but not Christ, and in my opinion, you are missing the better part of the deal.

My investments in the kingdom of God is my relationship with his son. Up in heaven, nothing else matters. In heasen, God probably couldn't care less if you owned a red sports car or a blue sports car on earth, for him all that matters is you are there and safe and you believe. Everyone invests something in the kingdom of God, weither it is hate for love or bitterness or joy we all have some feeling towards God and heaven. My investment is my relationship with him and the joy I have in it.

After reading this story though, I think I need to change my definition of the words "rich" and "poor." To be rich or poor has nothing to do with money or all the possesions and things that we want and have, it is what we have for Christ and the kingdom of heaven. "Rich" and "poor" are not words that talk about the amount of money you have. In God's eyes, that is unimportant. What is important to him should be important to us and our faith and belief is what is important to him. Not our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment