Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sleepy Saints

There are manyu Christians today who do not understand the goodness or the power of God. In that, the move away from Him and gradually become more and more distant until they can no longer even remember what He is like. Then they jsut drift along on a woeful life with nothing to do or say to anyone with no faith, for they have lost their own. What if this was true for everyone? What if noone had the Holy Spirit living in them or Jesus to save them? It would be a really empty world, let me tell you. Without God in our lives, there is really no point in getting up everyday and doing things, because without God, they are all meaningless and we can't even do things right without the help of God so they would also be failures. Think about it... What would your life be without God. Mine would be a meaningless dump.
After having said this, I want to ask you a question that my pastors askes my congrigation offened. "If being a Christians was against the law, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" This question is a pretty steep one and it had... haunted me for a long time. It has done this because for me, i am not sure of the answer. Would I be convicted? Would they not see Him through me and let me go because He does not seem to be in me? I am unsure of the answer and it troubles me, but what about you? Do you know the answer? Would you be set free or would you go to jail as a believer? What do your family and friends say about it? I don't know what mine say, but what abut you? Do people tell you that they can see Him working through you?
This is a very important question with a very important answer to your life. It also helps us to stay "spiritually awake" in the Lord so our fire for Him does not extinguish. How can we nake sure of this though? How can we stay awake for the Lord? Even in Luke in the garden of Gasemene the disciples fell asleep because they are just as worldly as we are. We have to stay awake in the Lord though, and a good way to do that is to pray. Jesus asked his disciples to pray with Him to stay awake, and this is what we must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment