Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ignorance is Bliss - Response

I my opinion, the video "Ignorance is Bliss" is very sad bu t it is also very real to today's world. There are people like the man who commited suicide, who we meet on the street and we say nothing to them, but if we had them might have thought beter or themselves and would not have done what they did. They might have decided that their lives were worth it and would have stayed alive.

"Ignorance is Bliss" is a very fitting title for this film and for the world in general. We are ignorant of the things and the lives of the people around us. We are totally absored and we are happy about. We are ignorant and in that ignorance we are bliss. I find that an almost sickenign thing but that does not make it any less true. We don't see the need around us and when we do, most of the time we chose to ignore is saying "Oh, it's not my problem" or "someone else will come along and do it" or "Why should I? I don't even know this person. Well, I say to you "Get to know the person. It is your responsibility. We are brothers and sisters in the Christ even if they aren't a Christian. As Cain asked God once he had killed Able, "Where is your brother?" and Cain asked him "How should I know? I am my brother's keeper?" The answer is yes. You are Cain. We are. All of us are responsible for each other to teach, to love, and to care for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment